Superhero is an online investing platform that allows customers to invest in Australian shares, U.S. shares, and ETFs and also allows you to invest your super in themes, shares and ETFs without the need for a self managed super fund. Learn how to buy shares online with Superhero.
What can I invest in with Superhero?
Superhero offers both ASX and U.S. shares and ETFs with over 7,000 investment options available. Superhero offers $0 brokerage on U.S. shares and ETFs, $5 brokerage on ASX shares and $0 brokerage to buy ASX ETFs ($5 to sell) in its trading account.
Some of the most traded shares and ETFs on Superhero are:
- Zip Co Limited
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Qantas Airways
- BetaShares Asia Technology Tigers ETF
- Vanguard Australian Shares Index ETF
- BetaShares Nasdaq 100 ETF
- ETF Securities Battery Technology ETF
- Apple Inc
- Amazon.com Inc
- Tesla Inc
- Alphabet Inc Class A
*Most popular shares as of July 2021
How to invest with Superhero
Signing up and investing with Superhero only takes a few minutes:
- Sign up for an account through the Superhero mobile app or website
- Deposit funds using PayID, BPAY or Bank Transfer. PayID deposits are instant, other payment methods may take 1-2 business days.
- Use the Superhero Invest tab to filter between Australian and U.S. shares. Superhero have a range of different investment categories to help you find different companies and ETFs.
- Place a trade simply and securely with 2 factor authentication.
To trade U.S. shares you can simply transfer between Australian and U.S. dollars in real time from your Superhero Wallet. The minimum trade for Australian shares is A$100 and just US$10 for U.S. shares.
Remember that even a small investment can grow large if given enough time.
Want a more thorough breakdown of how to use the Superhero platform? You can find our full guide here.
What fees does Superhero charge?
Superhero does not charge any monthly account fees, inactivity fees or premium account fees. All customers have access to live market data, market and limit orders, real-time deposits and FX transfers and tax reporting for no fees.
Superhero charges two different fees for its trading account, brokerage for Australian shares and FX fees for U.S. shares.
- ASX Fees: $5 brokerage per trade on shares, $0 brokerage to buy ETFs ($5 to sell)
- U.S. Shares – $0 brokerage per trade, 0.70% FX fee on transfers only
You can find the full Superhero Fee Schedule here.
Can I transfer my existing shares to Superhero?
If you would like to transfer your existing shares to Superhero from another platform, you can do this by filling out our share transfer forms:
If you need a little more assistance, you can read our full transfer guide here.
What is Superhero Super?
Superhero Super is a super fund that gives you more control and transparency over your super, with the flexibility to invest up to 75% of your super in your choice of themes, ASX shares and ETFs. Once you’ve set up your Superhero trading account, you can add a Superhero Super account from your dashboard.