Do I need an International Tax Identification Number (ITIN)?


Superhero Team

July 15th 2021 3 minute read

In Australia, you usually have a Tax File Number (TFN). If you are an Australian citizen or resident who has a TFN, you don’t need an ITIN. An International Tax Identification Number (ITIN) is a number assigned to individuals for global taxation purposes.

You will need to provide an ITIN if you are registered or required to pay tax in the U.S. or another country. 

If you are required to tax in the U.S., you need to provide us with your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Hint: to locate your ITIN, please check your most recent tax lodgement or contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).