The first step to joining Superhero Super is to choose your investment strategy, which will determine the level of control you have over where your super is invested. Superhero Super offers two account types, Autopilot and Control. For more information on our Control account click here.
Superhero Super – Autopilot
Our Autopilot option allows you to invest in a range of themed investments with up to 30% of your balance (maximum of 10% in each theme), with the rest invested in our Diversified Global Index Option.
When you receive a rollover to Superhero Super from another fund, investments will be made automatically according to your selected investment allocation. If you’ve transferred your employer contributions to Superhero Super, your future contributions will also be automatically divided into your chosen investment allocations.
Our Autopilot account type requires you to have a minimum of 70% of your account balance allocated to our Diversified Global Index Option. The underlying investment of this allocation is the Vanguard Diversified Balanced Index ETF (VDBA). Full details of this Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) can be found here.
Autopilot allows you to select between 6 themes for up to 30% of your super balance. You can invest up to 10% of your balance in each theme. Themes include:
- US Tech (BetaShares NASDAQ 100 ETF);
- Asia Tech (Betashares Asia Technology Tigers ETF);
- Global Healthcare (iShares Global Healthcare ETF);
- Global Sustainability (BetaShares Global Sustainability Leaders ETF);
- Gold (ETFS Physical Gold ETF); or
- High Interest Cash (BetaShares Australian High Interest Cash ETF).
The following types of fees apply for the Superhero Super Autopilot account:
- Administration Fee: $52 per year + 0.49% of account balance per annum.
- Indirect Investment Fee: charged by the investment manager/s of our themes and diversified portfolio, priced into the cost of your investments and is not a fee that is deducted from your account.
* Important: other fees and costs may apply depending on how you invest, including the costs of any underlying investments (indirect costs) that are included in the Investment Option in which you invest, activity fees and insurance fees. For information about other fees and costs refer to ’Additional Explanation of Fees and Costs’ in Section 2 of the Additional Information Guide.
Fees for Superhero Super may be automatically taken from your account balance or in the case of indirect fees, charged by the investment manager/s which reduces the value of your investment, but is not directly charged to your account..
The annual fee for an Autopilot account with a balance of $50,000 and 100% in our Diversified Global Index Option.
Taken from account balance:
- Admin Fees: $52 + 0.49% of $50,000 = $297.00
Priced into cost of investment:
- Indirect Investment Cost: 0.27% of $50,000 = $132.30
Total Fees: $429.30
* example assumes that 2% of account balance ($1,000) is invested in cash
How do I join Superhero Super?
You can get set up with Superhero Super in five easy steps:
- Set up your Superhero account
- Add a Super Account
- Choose your Superhero Super account type
- Find and rollover your super to Superhero Super
- Invest your super your way
Please read our Product Disclosure Statement, Additional Information Guide, Investment Guide and Insurance Guide in addition to our Target Market Determination for our Autopilot Account and Control Account for full information regarding Superhero Super. A Target Market Determination (TMD) is a document which describes who a product is appropriate for.
The information on this webpage has been prepared by Superhero Markets Pty Ltd (ABN 36 633 254 261), a Corporate Authorised Representative (CAR No. 1276309) of Sanlam Private Wealth Pty Ltd (ABN 18 136 960 775) (Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) No. 337927) and Superhero Securities Limited (ABN 96 160 456 315) (AFSL No. 430150). Superhero Super is issued by Diversa Trustees Limited (ABN 49 006 421 638), (AFSL No 235153), as trustee of OneSuper (ABN 43 905 581 638). Superhero Super is a sub-plan of OneSuper. Superhero Super is a sub-plan of OneSuper.