The first step to joining Superhero Super is to choose your investment strategy, which will determine the level of control you have over where your super is invested. Superhero Super offers two account types, Autopilot and Control. For more information on our Autopilot account click here.
Superhero Super – Control
The Control option with Superhero Super gives you just that, control. With a Control account 75% of your super can be invested directly in your choice of ASX 300 shares & ETFs, with the rest allocated to our Diversified Global Index Option.
When you receive a rollover or contribution into your Superhero Super Control account, your chosen percentage will be allocated to our Diversified Global Index Option, and the rest will be allocated to your Superhero Wallet ready for you to invest. You can change this allocation at any time via the Wallet section of your Superhero account.
Our Control account type requires you to have a minimum of 25% of your account balance allocated to our Diversified Global Index Option. The underlying investment of this allocation is the Vanguard Diversified Balanced Index ETF (VDBA). Full details of this ETF can be found here.
Up to 75% of your super will be able to be invested in:
- ASX 300 shares
- Australian ETFs
- Australian Listed Investment Companies (LICs)
To choose your investments, go to the Invest tab to compare and purchase shares. The trading process works the same way as our trading account. Learn more about placing a trade with Superhero here.
You can track your performance and diversification in your Superhero dashboard, and all activity can be tracked in your Activity tab for reporting purposes.
The following types of fees apply for the Superhero Super Control account:
- Administration Fee: $108 per year + 0.49% of account balance per annum.
- Indirect Investment Fee: charged by the investment manager/s of our themes and diversified portfolio, priced into the cost of your investments and is not a fee that is deducted from your account.
- Brokerage Costs: when you buy and sell shares and ETFs within Superhero Super, you will be charged a $5 flat fee per trade.
* Important: other fees and costs may apply depending on how you invest, including the costs of any underlying investments (indirect costs) that are included in the Investment Option in which you invest, activity fees and insurance fees. For information about other fees and costs refer to ’Additional Explanation of Fees and Costs’ in Section 2 of the Additional Information Guide.
The annual fee for a Control account with a balance of $50,000 and 100% in our Diversified Global Index Option.
- Admin Fees: $108 + 0.49% of $50,000 = $353.00
- Indirect Investment Cost: 0.26% of $50,000 = $127.40
Total Fees: $480.40
* example assumes that 2% of account balance ($1,000) is invested in cash.
If you choose to self-direct a percentage of your balance, indirect costs will vary based on the investment. The ETFS Battery Tech & Lithium ETF for example has a management fee of 0.69% per annum, priced into the cost of the investment. You would also be charged $5 brokerage when you buy or sell this investment in your super account.
All admin fees for Superhero Super are automatically taken from your account balance, and indirect costs are priced into the cost of the investment (not taken from your account balance).
How do I join Superhero Super?
You can get set up with Superhero Super in five easy steps:
- Set up your Superhero account
- Add a Super Account
- Choose your Superhero Super account type
- Find and rollover your super to Superhero Super
- Invest your super your way
The information provided on this webpage is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision to acquire the product you should consider how appropriate it is given your individual circumstances and consider seeking independent professional advice.
The information on this webpage has been prepared by Superhero Markets Pty Ltd (ABN 36 633 254 261), a Corporate Authorised Representative (CAR No. 1276309) of Sanlam Private Wealth Pty Ltd (ABN 18 136 960 775) (Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) No. 337927) and Superhero Securities Limited (ABN 96 160 456 315) (AFSL No. 430150). Superhero Super is issued by Diversa Trustees Limited (ABN 49 006 421 638), (AFSL No 235153), as trustee of OneSuper (ABN 43 905 581 638). Superhero Super is a sub-plan of OneSuper. Superhero Super is a sub-plan of OneSuper.