Superhero provides a number of different reports to help you with your tax and reporting requirements. These reports include:
- Portfolio Valuation Report: Shows you all of your current holdings with a summary of the gains or losses on each holdings at the selected date.
- Transaction Statements: Shows you all transactions on your account between the dates selected.
- Cash Statement: Shows you all of the cash movements on your account between the dates selected.
- Unrealised Gain Report: Shows you all of the unrealised (potential) gains and losses on your current holdings at the selected date.
- Realised Gains Report: Shows your realised (traded) gains between the dates selected.
- Realised Gains Detail Report: Shows you a detailed breakdown of your realised (traded) gains between the dates selected.
- Fees & Expenses: Shows you all of the fees and expenses charged to your account between the selected dates. This does not include brokerage, which is capitalised and forms part of the cost base of your investments.
Reporting and tax with Superhero
Your free Superhero account comes with full reporting functionality. To access these reports, log in to your Superhero account on your desktop and go to the Reports tab. You’ll then be able to select the time period you would like a report for and download the relevant report in pdf format. You can download reports for each financial year or select a custom period you wish to view.
Tax implications of trading shares
While Superhero does not provide tax advice, the reporting provided by Superhero will help you to meet requirements when it comes to tax time.
The government provides a number of resources to help you when it comes to the tax implications of trading shares.